Saturday, March 7, 2009

Jewelry Making- Earrings

Crystal drop earrings

For my cousins bridal shower I hosted a jewelry making class for wire wrapping for 12 ladies. Here's a photo of the earrings we made.


Materials:
2 earwires
4 eyepins - 1 inch long
6 headpins - 2 inch long
8 sapphire crystals 6mm
2 white crystals 6mm

Tools:
round nose pliers
chain nose pliers
wire cutters



I printed out step by step instructions for wire wrapping for the girls to follow but I didn't realize that you have to be pretty good with your hands to wrap the wires properly. I think next time I would use a simpler design for the class that doesn't require as many beads so less wire wrapping. As I stressed in the class, the more practice you have the better your wire wraps would look.

Here's a photo of the earring and necklace set I made for my bridesmaids last year for my wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment